Don't lose hope because of lower back pain! At the Wellness Chiropractic Center in Watertown, WI, chiropractor Dr. Brad Wehking helps patients understand why their back hurts, how they can help their bodies heal, and how to prevent recurring problems.
Causes of Lower Back Pain
It's not unusual for someone to have lower back pain even if there is no clear underlying cause or diagnosis. Fortunately, lower back pain can be relieved with the help of an experienced chiropractor. Potential causes of back pain include:
- Muscle strains and ligament sprains
- Degenerative disc disease (age-related wear and tear on the spinal discs)
- Disc herniation or disc bulge
- Nerve root compression
- Spondylosis (spinal arthritis)
- Stenosis (narrowing of spaces between vertebral bones and joints)
The cumulative effects of aging can increase the risk of tissue damage and pain in the lower spine. This is one reason why getting older is a significant risk factor for lower back pain. Other risk factors for lower back pain include smoking, obesity, family or personal history, stress, sedentary lifestyle, frequent lifting or bending, or a physically demanding occupation. Physical trauma, like a fall or car accident, can cause acute lower back pain, and if left untreated, it might progress into a chronic concern.
What Does Lower Back Pain Feel Like?
Depending on the underlying cause and other factors unique to the individual, a person with lower back pain might experience:
- Pain in the lower spine that feels sore, achy, dull, and throbbing
- Pain that spreads into the buttocks, groin, leg, or foot (this pain might feel sharp, achy, stabbing, burning, etc.)
- Numbness, tingling, and weakness in one or both legs (if a nerve root in the lower back is being compressed)
How Our Chiropractor in Watertown Helps People With Lower Back Pain
Chiropractic care can restore the health and pain-free function of your spine, even if you've been dealing with lower back pain for months or years. Dr. Wehking helps people of all ages and backgrounds with gentle yet effective techniques such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments: By restoring your spine’s natural alignment, our chiropractor will relieve your pain, restore your range of motion, and improve your body’s natural ability to heal itself.
- Corrective exercises: Our chiropractor will recommend stretches and exercises to strengthen your body and enhance the benefits of chiropractic care.
- Lifestyle and nutritional counseling: Improving your lifestyle and diet will significantly improve your wellness.
Lower Back Pain Treatment in Watertown, WI
Call Wellness Chiropractic Center today at (920) 262-0200 for more information on lower back pain or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.